Friday, August 10, 2012

First pizza review





Date: August 8, 2012
Location: Milky Way; Boston (Jamaica Plain), MA
Contender: Buffalo Chicken Pizza

This was a special on the menu.  It was described as buffalo chicken, gorgonzola cheese, and shaved fennel.  So, I thought fennel was similar to green onions.  I don't know what it was, but it was GROSS!  The taste was pretty bland, but the texture was abhorrent.  It was kinda crunchy but also kinda chewy - sort of like those awful bamboo shoots that show up in Chinese food sometimes.  Well, it basically ruined the pizza for me, because they were woven into the pizza and not easily removable.

Otherwise, the pizza was OK.  The buffalo chicken itself was legit.  Gorgonzola was not as great a substitution for blue cheese as I'd hoped - not as intense a flavor and a bit stringy in texture.  The best part of the pizza was actually the crust, which was really quite delicious and baked to perfection.  I did go around and eat just the crusts after I finished the first slice and resigned to the fact that the fennel shavings essentially rendered the inside of the pizza extremely unpleasant. :-(   


Ratings:
Portion: OMG! (and I ordered a small...I would hate to see the large!)
Spiciness: Medium
Deliciousness: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment