Thursday, July 5, 2012

The sandwich that inspired a love affair

I don't think I'd ever had a buffalo chicken anything before my senior year in high school.  My friends, twinsies Stephen and David, convinced me to try the buffalo ranch sandwich at Chili's.  And that was it - I was hooked on buffalo chicken everything.

As it happens, the other day I found myself getting take-out from Chili's, so for the sake of my millions of loyal readers, I selflessly partook in a Chicken Ranch Blue Cheese Sandwich for your benefit.  You're welcome!





Date: July 3, 2012
Location: Chili's; Braintree, MA
Contender: Buffalo Chicken Ranch Sandwich
(Sorry for the crummy picture - it was taken in the car with my phone)


The menu says "Crispy chicken with spicy wing sauce and ranch dressing on a sesame seed or wheat bun."  As I always do, I replaced the ranch with blue cheese and skipped the tomato (in case you haven't picked up on it, I loathe tomatoes).  


The chicken is breaded and fried, which allows it to absorb a lot of buffalo sauce.  This one is not for the wimps!  I love me a good sesame seed bun and I've previously professed my love for shredded lettuce, so this one is just a classic winner for me.  I'm sure it's good with the ranch, too, I just never pass up an opportunity for blue cheese!  And to top it off, the fries at Chili's are just fabulous.


Portion: Artery clogging
Spiciness: Hot
Deliciousness: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment