Monday, August 6, 2012

Disappointment



Date: August 6, 2012
Location: Friendly's; Watertown, MA
Contender: Buffalo Bleu Chicken Sandwich


I could have sworn I had this same sandwich several months ago and loved it. But then again it was just a couple of days after my knee surgery and I was on pain meds so...maybe I don't remember so well.  Anyway, I was excited to find myself near a Friendly's and decided I'd stop in and enjoy the sandwich and then rave about it.  Boy was I disappointed.

The menu says "Tender, crispy chicken strips tossed in our spicy Buffalo sauce. Topped with lettuce and tomato and covered in Bleu Cheese dressing, served on a soft wheat roll."  I thought the wheat bun would be weird, but it actually wasn't.  The buffalo sauce was...non-existant.  The chicken had a hint of spice to it, but there didn't seem to be any sauce to speak of.  Now, I'm a gal who likes her blue cheese, and there was not much of that either!  

I struggled with exactly how to rate this.  It didn't taste bad, and don't get me wrong, I ate it.  But this is, after all, a buffalo chicken blog, so it's important that the sandwich fulfill the basic expectations of being, ya know, buffalo-y.  So I couldn't, in good conscience, give this a good rating.  Additionally, there was an automatic 5/10ths deduction for tomatoage (I've clearly been watching too much of the Olympics).


Ratings:
Portion: Just enough
Spiciness: Mild
Deliciousness: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment